Wednesday, October 12, 2022

T-Mobile Home Internet Redux, 5 best Browsers, Microsoft Patch Tuesday

T-Mobile Home Internet Redux, the last time I'll talk about it.


I so much want to dump Comcast that I called T-Mobile again last Friday to inquire about data plans.  I was paying $50/month.

I found out this, as I stated in the 1st post 2 weeks ago, when I looked up my address online the website said the service was not available at my address but I was able to order the modem anyway.  When I setup the T-Mobile modem the phone app could not connect to the T-Mobile network and I had to set it up manually.  I was pulling 250 mbps download and pretty happy until I received the message that I had used up 80% of 100 GB allotment in 13 days and T-Mo was going to throttle my speed.

T-Mobile Home Internet vs T-Mobile Home Internet Lite

I found out that the modem couldn't connect to their actual 5G Home Internet.  It was connected to their phone networks 5G signal.  They call that Home Internet Lite.

If I could connect to their true 5G Home Internet then I would have had unlimited data for $50/month.  The Home Lite plan allows you to purchase more data but in incremental increases and it's not cost effective.

So now I am on their wait list, waiting for them to install equipment in my neighborhood.

To check your address visit the following link;


Microsoft's Patch Tuesday - October

Microsoft has released new updates addressing 84 vulnerabilities.  The Redmond company said that one flaw had already been exploited and another has been publicly announced.  Earlier this month patches were released that addressed 12 more CVEs (Common Vulnerabilities and Exposures) found in the Edge browser.

The vulnerability that has been exploited is a Windows COM+ Event System Service Elevation of Privilege Vulnerability. An attacker who successfully exploited this vulnerability could gain system privileges.

The publicly disclosed vulnerability is a Microsoft Office Information Disclosure Vulnerability. This vulnerability, discovered by Cody Thomas with SpecterOps, puts at risk user tokens and other potentially sensitive information.

If you have not updated your computer this month, please take the time tonight before leaving to start Windows updates installing on your computer.

To read more click on the link below;


What is the best browser to use?

The most commonly used browsers are Chrome, Firefox and Edge.  With Cloud services becoming more ubiquitous, cloud service companies have to make sure their products work with these major browser players.  However, which is best to use?... Chrome does not make the top 5.

I  use the Brave browser for Global Administration of client MS365 sites as well as banking activities.  Brave is rated #1 for overall privacy.

It allows me to peruse many newspapers without a subscription.  It comes with Tor browser and VPN built in.  When I launch an in-private windows using Tor however it hides your public IP address via a VPN and often assigns a European Public IP.

If you have heard of it before, Tor is the infamous browser most associated with the Dark Web.

To read more about the best browsers click on this link;



No comments:

Post a Comment

Kaspersky Ban, Latest Security News

The latest Security News and Anti-Virus options in wake of US Kaspersky ban. With the impending 09/29/24 drop dead date for receiving update...