Wednesday, October 5, 2022

T-Mobile 5G Home Internet Update

T-Mobile Gateway sent packing.

As promised I wanted to update you on my experience with the T-Mobile Gateway, (see previous T-Mobile post).  The device was easy to implement and the speed was very good considering I was only getting 3 out of 5 bars signal strength.  I averaged 250 MBPS download speed and the service never faltered even after connecting my main TV along with my Surface Pro notebook.  I do all my TV watching via streaming including news.  I have an internet only subscription, Comcast business, 

I never got around to connecting all my devices which would have been 2 desktops, server, printer and 2 more TVs.  I'm glad I never fully converted since on day 13 of my 15 day trial I received a message from T-Mobile (see below) that I had used 80% of my 100 GB data allotment and they were going to slow down my speed until the next billing cycle.  Sorry T-Mobile, throttling my speed is not an option.

The customer service lady I spoke to was very nice and helpful and said that T-Mobile hopes to be able to provide unlimited data to my area some time in the near future.  If that happens and the price is reasonable, (I was paying $50/month) I'll be back.  In the meantime, bye-bye T-Mo.  




No comments:

Post a Comment

Kaspersky Ban, Latest Security News

The latest Security News and Anti-Virus options in wake of US Kaspersky ban. With the impending 09/29/24 drop dead date for receiving update...