Tuesday, January 31, 2017

LogMeIn Increases Prices 70% Year over Year, Alternative Remote Access


LogMeIn Rate increase of 70%

Does your firm use LogMeIn for remote access?  Many of my clients do based upon my recommendations in the past.  It was an affordable alternative to GoToMyPC and provided a very good service.  It along with WebEx (Citrix) began as a free service before starting to charge for it's products.

I provide this information to give you time to weigh the benefits of continuing your current subscription, scaling down the number of seats you have or looking at alternatives.

Below is a chart that details the increase in the 2, 5 and 10 seat subscription.

# Seats           2017           2016       $ increase      % increase
10 Users $1,099.99 $649.00 $450.99 69.4900
5 Users $599.99 $349.00 $250.99 71.9169
2 Users $249.99 $149.00 $100.99 67.7785

If your subscription has already been renewed and you haven't checked your credit card statement you will want to check.  If you haven't been billed in 2017 yet, login to your account, go to Settings and then select Subscription to see when it renews and the new rate.  You can also check your Billing History under Settings, Billing and Billing History.

LogMeIn's new Rates





Alternative Remote Access Options

In my blog post of November 18th, 2016, I wrote about 15 free remote access services.  One such service in particular offers a viable alternative to LogMeIn.  Team Viewer is free for personal use.  It is a stable platform and works very well.



I'm not against LogMeIn per se, GoToMyPC has been charging at these levels for years.  LogMeIn has added 1 TB of cloud storage per seat as an additional service.  This was a replacement to their former pay for Cloud Service, Cubby.  However many of my clients are using Office 365 which provides 1 TB of OneDrive space per user and the ability to sync the desktop to the cloud.  LogMeIn's cloud space does not allow syncing nor does it allow you to map a network drive to set up a sync using software such as Syncovery.  I do not want to pay for services I don't use or need.

Finally the thing I never liked about LogMeIn is that they auto charge your credit card without notification and without providing a receipt.  I had a lot of my clients on my AMX card and it was a hassle to determine whose account I was being charged for.  In my opinion, a 70% increase in cost is worthy of a notification.

DFS-New Intel Generation 7 Workstations


No comments:

Post a Comment

Say it's not so! Windows 12 is coming in 2024. Apple iPhone malware/exploits.

Windows 12 is coming soon in 2024 I've read too many emails and articles hinting at a new Windows in the months leading up to 2024 and n...