Each time I remove Malware aka rogueware from an infected computer, I am always asked "How did I get this...?" When I try and explain the concept of drive-by surfing the response is that I never go to any suspect websites. So they think...
The bad guys hi-jack legitimate websites all the time, upload scripts to redirect your browser to a site of their choosing or plant the malware directly on the compromised site to download to your computer.
Now they are using search engines, ie they are seeding their websites to come up first based upon likely searches that may occur connected with an event, the past Oscars weekend created a big spike in Malware downloads. See the link below from the security device maker SonicWall.
https://www.mysonicwall.com/sonicalert/searchresults.aspx?ev=article&id=214&elq=8ff59992d92e456c8129bdb9f43f5c86
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
-
The term Pig Butchering refers to the victims of scammers. The scammers nurture relationships with their targets before luring them in for t...
-
Dark Mode in Windows 10 If you are like millions of computer users the constant glare of bright white backgrounds on your computer screen ...
-
Acer C7 Chromebook from Google Play, $199 What can you get for $199? Dual-core Intel Celeron Processor 2 GB DDR3 RAM 320 GB hard d...
Very good post, informative and thorough.
ReplyDeleteWindows MAC Support